Verdient Foods Inc. was created to address the current and future global sustainable plant-based protein food demand. If you are looking at being part of our team and want to make a difference, we want to hear from you. Below are the current career opportunities, so if there is a position that is right for you, please send us your resume.
Verdient Foods Inc. was created to address the current and future global sustainable plant-based protein food demand. Located in Vanscoy, Saskatchewan we have an immediate opening for a logistics co-ordinator.
- Reporting to the Director of Operations, provide administrative support as needed
- Provide first line contact for customers regarding various Shipments
- Ensure customers are taken care of in a timely and professional manner
- Order entry for various shipments
- Dispatch shipments and monitor loads for timeliness
- Plan highway tractors for truckload and linehaul operations
- Communicate with drivers on a regular basis
- Process all paperwork and adequate records for reporting and tracking
- Ensure appropriate receiving documents are completed, matched against company purchase orders and provided to Finance department for further processing
- Other duties as directed to create high value customer experiences
The Ideal Candidate will possess:
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills
- Good organizational skills including prioritization, time management and the ability to multi-task
- Excellent communication skills
- Attention to detail and accuracy
- Advanced competency with technology
- Self-motivated; striving for personal and professional development and growth within the company
- 3-5 years relative experience in the transportation industry
We offer a competitive compensation package that is determined by skill level, education and experience. We thank all the applicants; however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
We have an immediate opening for an Operator. The Operator will administer and manage the full production process of the plant under supervision of the lead hand. They will be responsible for monitoring equipment to ensure the quality, efficiency and safety of the plant, as well as basic maintenance, and troubleshooting of the facility’s equipment and instruments.
- Program and operate the facility’s computer system that operates the machinery/equipment
- Using the system to start up the plant, shut it down and run the production of material
- Conduct continuous inspections of all key process points in the facility, to identify anything abnormal.
- Make necessary machinery and equipment adjustments and implement the proper response, including notifying supervisors.
- Ensure that the products being produced under their supervision meet all specifications.
- Gather samples for laboratory analysis, and perform quality control analyses
- Maintain detailed reports of operations
- Update process logbooks with activities and process adjustments made, noting any issues they encountered, and measures taken
- Maintaining a clean and environmentally safe work area
- Adhering to workplace safety policies, regulations and compliances
- Performing other related duties as assigned
- Must be safety-oriented
- Must possess a minimum grade 12 diploma or equivalent
- Relevant manufacturing experience an assetIntermediate computer skills
- An understanding of basic large-scale equipment operation including automated processing systems
- Experience operating a forklift an asset
- Strong communication skills
- Excellent interpersonal, team building, analytical and problem-solving skills
- Ability to work shift-work and overtime, including weekends
- Exposure to and understanding of HACCP protocols, -GMP and SOPs are desirable skills