Verdient Foods Inc. was created to address the current and future global sustainable plant-based protein food demand. If you are looking at being part of our team and want to make a difference, we want to hear from you. Below are the current career opportunities, so if there is a position that is right for you, please send us your resume.
Verdient Foods Inc., a major plant-based food ingredient company in Western Canada, is currently seeking a General Manager to join and lead their growing team. Based in Vanscoy, SK, this individual has responsibility for company operations, financial performance, profitability and growth. Tremendous opportunity to shape the long-term innovation and growth strategy for the company and the plant-based protein industry.
- Works with the Board of Directors to set key performance objectives, operational indicators and strategies, and lead execution of the business plan.
- Designs and implements business strategies, plans and procedures to achieve strategic plan and goals of the business and reports to the Board of Directors on a continuous basis on achieving optimal profitability and efficiency.
- Monitors and analyzes financial statements for accuracy, completeness and integrity of the company’s financial information, reporting and disclosure requirements and internal control and information management systems.
- Works with external stakeholders to identify and research new strategic opportunities resulting in new and profitable product lines and new markets.
- Translates mandates and directives from the Board into realistic goals and action plans for all employees and oversees management of functional departments.
- Provides visible leadership for organization, including daily guidance and direction to Managers.
- Ensures consistent application of policies and procedures.
- Develops long term business relationships, manages and maintains existing customer and supplier relationships.
- Sets and communicates production targets to operations and other departments.
- Responsible and accountable for all plant physical operations and processes.
- Ensures compliance with all relevant laws and regulations, such as product quality and safety, employee health and welfare, and others as required.
- Provides leadership, mentoring and motivation for the employees and contractors to build, operate, and maintain a well-functioning plant.
- Develop strategies to cost effectively operate the plant on a continuous basis.
- Ensures Verdient team remains up to date with modern milling and fractionation techniques, processes, practices and procedures.
- Minimum 10-15 years of sales experience in food manufacturing, with plant ingredient industry senior management related experience
- Bachelor’s degree preferably in Engineering and/or Business or related field and/or equivalent manufacturing experience. Masters or MBA is a plus.
- Demonstrated and effective leadership skills with a proven ability to lead and motivate a team while fostering a strong corporate culture.
- Proven commitment to a safe work environment while adhering to required regulations and certifications.
- Ability to achieve cost effective production targets while maintaining high quality ingredients.
Attractive compensation and benefits that will be commensurate with high degree of experience within the food manufacturing industry.
We have an immediate opening for an Operator. The Operator will administer and manage the full production process of the plant under supervision of the lead hand. They will be responsible for monitoring equipment to ensure the quality, efficiency and safety of the plant, as well as basic maintenance, and troubleshooting of the facility’s equipment and instruments.
- Program and operate the facility’s computer system that operates the machinery/equipment
- Using the system to start up the plant, shut it down and run the production of material
- Conduct continuous inspections of all key process points in the facility, to identify anything abnormal.
- Make necessary machinery and equipment adjustments and implement the proper response, including notifying supervisors.
- Ensure that the products being produced under their supervision meet all specifications.
- Gather samples for laboratory analysis, and perform quality control analyses
- Maintain detailed reports of operations
- Update process logbooks with activities and process adjustments made, noting any issues they encountered, and measures taken
- Maintaining a clean and environmentally safe work area
- Adhering to workplace safety policies, regulations and compliances
- Performing other related duties as assigned
- Must be safety-oriented
- Must possess a minimum grade 12 diploma or equivalent
- Relevant manufacturing experience an assetIntermediate computer skills
- An understanding of basic large-scale equipment operation including automated processing systems
- Experience operating a forklift an asset
- Strong communication skills
- Excellent interpersonal, team building, analytical and problem-solving skills
- Ability to work shift-work and overtime, including weekends
- Exposure to and understanding of HACCP protocols, -GMP and SOPs are desirable skills